Monday, June 15, 2009

Love is letting me sleep while you stay up and watch the storms...

Our weeked was fun but seemed to just fly by as always. There is never enough time to do all the things that must be done and to do all the relaxing that we need so desperately.

Friday night we ran to Medford after work to meet up with Andy's Dad and then no sooner had we walked in the door than Andy got called out and had to go to work. That was not according to plan, but gave me time to relax with a book and so that was a nice evening after all.

Saturday the boys were going to Grandma's house for the day and off to a Wingnuts game for the evening. We had the day all to ourselves and we decided to try and do absolutely nothing. I'm not sure we completely succeeded in doing that because I had to get groceries and do some cooking for that evening, but we really did have a relaxing afternoon complete with a nap! Woo-hoo! Love those Saturday afternoon naps.

Saturday night we went to a BBQ/party at some new friends of ours, Whitney and Tara's house and had a really good time. We visited with some friends that we had not seen in quite some time and met a lot of new people too which seemed to be just the thing we needed. And we needed a night of "no kids allowed".

Sunday too was mostly a lazy day. The boys and I spent most of the afternoon at my Grandmother Gracie's house. I had a really nice visit with Grandmother and my Mom while the boys played outside at the farm. I know the day will come when we won't have her with us anymore and so I seem to treasure every visit more and more.

After we left the farm we went home and baked brownies and while they cooled, Cole and I snuggled under a blanket and read for a "Which Way Book" or Choose Your Adventure" book. Not sure what they are really called but it was nice to spend some cuddle time just the two of us. That and when we can spend that much time reading together it makes me hopeful that he will truly develop a love for reading.

Andy suggested that rather than cooking last night, instead we should go to town to eat so we loaded up and headed in to eat at El Maguey only to find that they were closed so we opted for the other Mexican food place on Summit and I can't remember the name. It was good, but not "El Magooey" as Andy calls it.

Last night we got wrapped up watching Lonesome Dove and unfortunately instead of getting to bed early as planned, we didn't turn in until after 11:00 and right about that time our NOAA weather radio alarm went off telling us that there was a tornado warning for Sumner County and it was heading our way. I got the boys dressed in pants so they would be ready if we needed to head out to the storm shelter and then let them fall back asleep. Then I packed a few more things in the "tornado bag" that I keep by the back door, "just in case". After I got our shoes lined up by the back door and made sure we had flashlights and candles ready and new batteries in the weather radio, I went to bed. Bless my sweet husband! Even though I argued with him, he said that there was no sense in both of us staying up so he let me sleep. Then as the night wore on and the storms rolled in, poor thing was called out to work and worked all night with no sleep. He's still working this afternoon and dead on his feet.

God I love that man!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! What a good guy! I'm so glad we don't have to deal with that much here. I think a tornado could lift the house up and my man would sleep through it! LOL

    ReplyDelete