Monday, December 7, 2009

The Blue Bedroom

How it started out: I love the funky ladder I found yesterday at an auction for $2.
I failed at hanging the tin art straight so I opted for this. Much easier!

Close-up of the piece hanging above the bed.


The finished room:



Between last Friday Morning and Friday evening, our 2nd spare bedroom went through some major changes. I had just finished building a headboard from an old door that I found at a garage sale for $2 and refinishing some other furniture for the room, but I really had no idea where the room was heading but I knew that I was not really lovin' this room.

Friday I received the bedding set that I had ordered for this room and that was enough to spur me into action. I chose a blue for the room that I loved and though it turned out darker on the wall than on the swatch, all in all I love the room now, even though it is totally different than the vibe in the 1st guest bedroom. I think that's what I like about it. It's so different.
The bench at the foot of the bed was a $2 garage sale find that with a little paint and some TLC, is now a nice little bench to sit on while you put on your shoes. The ladder would make a great place to Hang Clothes from, a place to leave your shoes or purses and even if it serves no purpose, I like it! :)
I guess now I just need to figure out what I am going to do in our bedroom...

1 comment:

  1. I definitely love the blue better and the ladder is the perfect quirky detail.

    ReplyDelete