Friday, December 11, 2009

The Room with a Stairs

This one is still in process though this is a grouping of rosettes that I found here and there and still need a couple more to complete the group.
I have no idea what this little box is actually here for other than for me to put things on it. I wish it was a storage box but no luck, this doo-hickey is firmly nailed shut...





These are pictures of the room that I have no idea what to call it. It's just the room with the stairs because it really serves no other functional purpose other than for me to stick things I love, like the organ my Grandmother gave me. It's funny, this organ belonged to her husband's aunt I think and she never liked it. I guess she has tried to give it away for years with no luck (that seems nuts to me because I love it) so she was thrilled when I agreed to take it. It's hard to see all the detail on the piece, but the detail is beautiful and I am so honored to have it in my home!

6 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee that's for sure! You are so creative and I really love the thought and the love that is obviously displayed and enjoyed in your home. But here's the deal...Come to my house and hook a girl up with some pizzaz. The move to a lil bitty house (no joke) and the fact that I can't pick a paint color to save my life, I need some help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you could remove the box and make a storage bench there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about that too. I have wondered if it had ductwork in it or something. If I knew for sure that it was hollow I could easily remove the top and put hinges on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could remove the top anyway and if it does have ductwork in it...which may be likely...you could make a shallow storage area depending on how much room the ductwork takes up. I love little details like that though. Even if you can't transform it...it still works great as a little display area.

    ReplyDelete