Friday, December 4, 2009

First of Many Reveals - Guest Bedroom Bench











I've been promising to post some pictures showing what I've been up to for the last couple months and though I'm still smack dab in the middle of some small projects and ready to start a couple huge ones, it's time to start sharing a little at a time.

This is one of my favorite projects of all so far and I just love this bench. I made this bench for one of the guest bedrooms upstairs and now that this room is mostly finished it is probably my favorite room in the house right now.

This bench started out as three garage sale chairs that I bought for $1 apiece. They had ugly green burlap cushions which I removed. After fusing the chairs together, cutting a new seat and attaching that seat to the three chairs I had a bench. After a little paint, some brass tacks and add a cushion that I sewed, voila! Now I have a bench at the end of the bed and all for under $25 for the whole project!

3 comments:

  1. I still LOVE this bench!! I can't wait to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had a lot of fun with this project and it is by far my favorite piece that I've done so far for the house. I can't wait to make another one. I would like to have on at the foot of our bed and I have also thought about making a two seater for the front porch. So I guess I will keep my eye out for chairs and see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one where she sat the chairs further apart from each other...I'm not sure which style I like better.

    ReplyDelete