Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Glub Glub....

I posted earlier today about the flooding and it made me think of a story that my family told about my Great Aunt Bea.

My Grandparents lived about a 1/2 mile from the Arkansas River. Because our area is known for flooding, when it rained a lot, people got in the habit of calling and seeing how high the river had risen.

Well one day my Aunt Bea had been out to their house to visit and if I can remember the story right she started to get a little irritated at all the people calling to check on the water level. Bea had a since of humor. So when the phone rang the next time, she answered the phone and just said, "Glub Glub!"

Well I thought it was funny!

3 comments:

  1. Thats hilarious!!! LOL I wonder what the person on the other end of the line thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothin to do with this post...just wanted you to know that I love Amy Winehouse. Singing...not druggin. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of that story every time it floods! Wish Aunt B was still around.

    ReplyDelete