Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Baaack from the Gates of Hell

It's been a long time since I posted. But honestly it's been a long time since I have had anything nice to say! That sounds horrible I know, but it's the truth. Things have been really crappy at work lately and unfortunately when things at work are yucky, it seems to spill over into every other part of life.

I'm trying to learn to seperate my real life from my work life though sometimes that is hard, especially when this stressful job can be all consuming.

Soccer is over thankfully. Baseball started last night and was another reminder of how absolutely lame this town is. I so want to go back to Winfield. Everything to do with athletics in Ark City just seems to be an absolute cluster-fuck! (I can say that you know because this is my blog!)

Cole's coach called last night, finally! We hadn't heard from him last week and everyone we talked to had spoken to their coaches. So I called the Rec and got his name and Andy called him over the weekend and had to leave a message. And he didn't call back. So last night he calls and tells me that practice starts in 35 minutes! And when I told him that I didn't appreciate getting a call 35 minutes before practice he tried to tell me that he'd tried to call me over and over for the last week and had left me message and that I hadn't called him back! What a crock! And of course I told him that! I'm sure my kid will be a starter this year huh? I don't know what number he was calling but it sure wasn't my phone or Andy's phone and he did not leave a message. I think he was just covering for being a walking DICK ON A STICK! So that really helped after a long day at Hell's Gate.

On a happy note, Wyatt has his first track meet this weekend and I couldn't be prouder. Makes me think back to all my years of trackmeets.

We're trying to get things planned for a trip to float at Tahlequah this summer and that's exciting. The River is always fun.

Gotta run here PDQ to get groceries and then get home to fix supper and get my little one fed and homework done in time to get him to his practice. Andy is taking Wyatt to practice while we are doing homework and getting Cole fed. It seems that Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays Andy and I will just meet up around bedtime. I love that the boys get to be in sports but there are some days that it really seems like a sacrifice of sanity. But it's worth it for them to get to do the kinds of things that I didn't always get to do. I want them to get to try anything that they want to do within reason and hope that they find some things that they will love to do for life.

Off to the races.

3 comments:

  1. I was starting to wonder what was going on!!! I am sorry about your crappy week and I agree YES you should promptly move back to Winfield!! I totally agree with you about wanting our children to try different things to find their niche but GOD can sports be a time SUCK!!! I swear at least one girl has a practice, game, performance, or birthday party almost EVERY night!! I end up seeing my friends at the soccer fields!! Talk about quality time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm still at the Gates of Hell...Miss you down here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! We'll all be glad WHEN you guys get to move back to Winfield too! I'm thinking positively here. Sunshine and less rain would probably help all our attitudes mine included.

    ReplyDelete