Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Egg Basket





I blogged a while back on how I was going to start making baskets again. It's been literally since I was probably 13 or 14 since I made my last one and I just actually discovered a place online that I could purchase the supplies. Finding the time to start making one was a lot harder than finding a supplier. I finally made the time Sunday though and got this basket started. I had a little time Monday night and a little time last night and actually I am almost done. You can't really tell by the pictures, but this basket is actually pretty large. The width of the basket is something like 14 to 16 inches I think. I actually didn't measure, but it's big. I've had a lot of fun making this one, but it's amazing how much I've forgotten and how much I've had to figure out along the way.
I'm already excited about making another one. I have tons of ideas now.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! Is it going to be decorative or do you have a plan for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a decorative basket but I'll probably put things in it or hang it somewhere. I've seen kitches where they have all different shapes and sizes of baskets hanging from the ceiling or from an arch way and I think that looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat!! I can't believe you are making that!!!

    ReplyDelete