Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ice Storm














We had some storm damage in the ice storm last week and Andy's been working like a dog. He worked Friday night until 4:30 am Saturday morning and then since has worked 6 am to 1130 pm each day. We've hardly seen him though last night we did get to see him for a little while though he was working. I took some pics and posted them above.
Luckily it looks like the storm work is just about done and so hopefully we will have him back as normal starting tonight. We've all missed him but for some reason this storm has really hit the boys hard. I think it's easier knowing your Dad is 1500 miles away than to know he's coming home to sleep at night (if only for a little while) and not getting to see him except for a few minutes in the mornings.
I told him yesterday that all this working all the time was starting to wear me out. Tuesday night I was so exhausted that I never heard him come in and never even knew he was in bed with me until almost morning. I could have had a stranger climb into bed with me and never known it. That's a scary thought.
Here are a few pics of our storm damage. It was rainy that day so I only took pics of what I could see from the back door so this doesn't really do justice to all the limbs but you get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! My imagination didn't do it justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of Andy and your family during all of the mess and hoping you were all doing okay...

    ReplyDelete