Tuesday, March 10, 2009

4 bedroom, 3 bath rural home with basement dirt cheap...

House hunting sucks!

I am getting really sick of this and we are no where near finding what we want. I was so excited yesterday because I thought we finally found something that I would really say yes to. This house was really exactly where Andy wants to be and was fine with me too. The price was within our range and was on 10 acres which would give us some breathing room. We called the realtor to set up a time to see it Wednesday but decided to drive by and look last night. Well the house seems nice on the outside. The barn is great. It has a Morton shop and some other outbuildings, pine trees in the yard, nice huge yard etc. But there is a house next door that is close enough to throw a rock at. So here we find a house that could be "the one" and we have a neighbor immediately next door. And that is so not really what we want. And there is only one bathroom. Of course we could add on, but this house is priced in a range that we should not have to add on to have what we need.

So I told Andy last night that we really need to make a list of the things that are a "must have". And then we need to make a list of deal breakers and a list of things we would like to have but are not deal breakers if they aren't there. My husband thinks I am such a nerd. He makes fun of my lists. I am so analytical. He's the complete opposite. So we didn't make a list. So I'll just make a list myself.

I keep telling myself that if we keep looking we will find something that we wouldn't feel like we were settling for. Is it really that hard to find a 4 bedroom, 2 (preferrably) 3 bath home with a basement on at least 10 acres with no in your face next door neighbor?

If we don't find a bigger house there will be no baby.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about the neighbor. Did you ever find a cup? LOL

    ReplyDelete