Friday, March 6, 2009

Help!

OK, I'm in a musical rut as I mentioned earlier this week. I need help! I need a new artist to really be excited about. I've been looking and looking on Amazon and though I've found a few songs here and there that I like, I've not found an artist that I just am really pumped about.

Just need something different. I bought an MP3 album of Lightnin' Hopkins. Wanted something bluesy, but more a bluesy rock or a bluesy country or bluesy bluegrass or shoot, even bluesy praise music. That's the kind of music that I love. But instead I bought hard core blues. I also bought the Steeldrivers and I really like a song on there called "The Sticks that Made Thunder". I think that's a song about the Indians and the invasion of the white man. You have to listen to figure that out though. Pretty song. But I'm not in love with the album yet. So maybe something will just hit me soon.

Otherwise I'm going to be listening to really odd stations on Satellite Radio and hope I come up with something soon. Music is such a HUGE part of my life and I really hate being in a musical rut.

The alternative is cutting my hair.

1 comment:

  1. LOL well don't cut your hair! I just bought the song Diva by Beyonce on Amazon but I really don't think thats what you're looking for. I'll keep my ear out for you though!!

    ReplyDelete