Friday, March 13, 2009

What's A Mom to Do?

So today is the last day of school for the boys before Spring Break. And I am not happy about it! The boys are going to Freedom to spend time with Andy's parents over Spring Break. We will take them there on Sunday and then they will be gone all week. We'll go get them next weekend. Andy says we'll see them on Sunday, but I say we'll see them on Friday!

I've never been away from my babies that long and to be honest do not want to start now! I love my boys and don't want to be without them even for a week. It was just us for so long and I think maybe that makes this harder. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think they are not going to be fine or something. I know they will be fine. It's just I'm worried. I know Wyatt will be fine. He is so thrilled about getting to spend a week with his Grandpa Rob. He thinks that he is going to get to fish EVERYDAY! While I imagine he'll get to do a lot of fishing, I don't think it will be every day. Cole on the other hand is not so pumped about going. I think he wants to go, but I think he would be content to be there for a day and then come home. He's never stayed with anyone but my parents or my sister. So I think Mama and Cole are a little shell shocked about this whole thing.

Andy is right though. They need to go. He wants his parents to bond with their Grandkids. And that is important. But that doesn't meant that it's not going to be hard. Andy is looking forward to a week of just us and I think that will be nice. A week of no responsibilities beyond work. But it's going to be really quiet.

I pray that all goes well!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! They are going to have a blast once they get used to being away! Hopefully Mamma will enjoy her week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's going to be a lil bit sad but yes...the boys need to spend time with the grandparents. The stories, the adventures and most important, the memories!! You'll be ok mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take this time to get started on that baby!!!

    ReplyDelete