Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Adjusting Again...

So last week I was trying to adjust to running a household by myself again while Andy was gone to Kentucky to help restore power to those who lost power after the ice storm. Andy got home safely last night (Thank God)! It was so wonderful to see him again though I must admit he looked the worse for wear. Such a tired guy after sleeping in his truck all that time and working 18 hour days. That said it was so nice to have an adult in the house, let alone my husband. It was somewhat odd though. I guess I had become so accustomed to having him gone that now I am adjusting to having him home...as are the kids. And I know he's adjusting to having us around.

The fun part is that we seem to be re-discovering eachother and how much we really enjoy eachother. For instance he must have smelled me a dozen times last night, each time telling me how good I smell. I guess now I know that I smell better than the 500 lineman he worked with for the last two weeks! Good to know.

So for now it feels like dating again and that's so fun. I guess that's the great part about storms. I know that the few times a year that he has to leave for a couple weeks, when he returns we will have a short little honeymoon again. That sure makes storms nice for me! That and the money is pretty hard to pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment