Monday, February 9, 2009

"Oh not much, just got naked in a shed in some lady's backyard.."

I think the next time that someone asks me what I did this weekend, I might just want to say, "Not much, how about you?"

I had boudoir photos taken this weekend and let me first say that I had fun, but will immediately follow by saying that at 31 with two children, taking semi nude photos and actually looking at them is a pretty humbling experience.

Luckily my husband, who is still in Kentucky was gone for the weekend. But as I was on my way to my appointment he called and wanted to know what I was doing. I could have just made something up, but I am just not good with that kind of thing so stupidly I told him that it was a surprise and I couldn't tell him. He asked where the boys were and when he found out that they were at Grandpa's, that made it even worse. So here's this guy who's been in Kentucky for two weeks and his wife has gotten rid of the kids for the day and is doing something mysterious. And to make it worse, I had to tell him that I really needed to go because I was late for my appointment. So then he makes me feel guilty because he finally got signal and really wanted to talk to me and I don't have time to talk to him because I am doing something secret! He just kept saying, "I don't like this at all. I don't like this one little bit!"

The studio was set up in the photographer's back yard in what probably used to be a shed but has been finished into a studio. So it's not really like getting naked in a tool shed or anything, but it was a funny thing to think about. Some of the pictures were taken on a mattress that was draped in gauzy fabric and had a similar backdrop. That said, as I stood on this mattress in heels, teetering around trying not to fall flat on my face, the radio advertisement mentioned "love beads in all shapes and sizes" (at least that's what it sounded like) it dawned on me that I had secretly gone off to strip down nearly naked in front of a stranger in a back yard shed! You just can't help but laugh at the irony of the situation.

Anyway, I have seen the proofs online and though there are some that I absolutely cringe at, there are several that I really like and a couple that I think I look pretty darned good in for 31 with two sons. Hopefully between the fact that my hubby has been gone and the fact that I will be presenting him with racy pictures of me, I will have a very hot Valentines Day!

Cross your fingers for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment