Friday, February 27, 2009

I Can't Complain

So the work week is almost finished and I am looking forward to the weekend, the days that I seem to look forward to all week. I'm looking forward to not getting up early tommorow. I'm looking forward to not being "in charge" or anything tommorow and not being responsible for anything but my kids tommorow. And actually I have a little break from that too. My sister, Kerrie has invited the boys to stay the night and play with her two boys. So we have a night to ourselves to act like kids! And then in the morning I am going shopping with my Mom so I can spend some of my Birthday money and hopefully find some new work clothes for Spring. I don't get a lot of opportunity (or better said do not make time like I should) to do things that don't involve kids or hubby. So tommorow is about doing what I want. And I'm excited about that!

Today was payday. I used to always hate payday because that was the day that I paid bills. And after I paid all the bills that would come due in the next two weeks, when I looked at what was left over, it was just depressing. It was a relief to know that everything was paid on time and better to know exactly what I had to work with for the next two weeks, but at the same time it just sucked. (remember this is my blog and I can say sucks all I want!) So today my bills are all paid (way early!) for the next two weeks and I have money left over and that feels really good. It feels great to be able to just write out all the checks and not have to think about what I might not be able to pay this time. There were times about 5 years ago that there never seemed to be enough money to meet the basic bills, let alone to have nice things or even something little that I wanted. I think there is something about knowing that everything is in order and that there are no bill worries that just makes life good. We're not made of money by any means but I at least don't have to worry about paying bills.

This week has actually gone well at work. Some of the days have just flown by because they were kind of nuts, but it was one of those weeks that I really understand why I do what I do. And that I'm good at it. Sometimes I feel like I am kind of in a lull, like my good ideas are all used up. And then other times I come up with something new and really fresh and I feel like I deserve to have this job again. Tommorow is my 6 year work anniversary. Though there are days when this job has me ready to pull my hair out, I remind myself how grateful I am to have it. Managing people is hard as is dealing with the public. But it can also be really rewarding and I've developed special relationships with patients and staff over the years and they are important to me.

This job and the increase in pay that came with taking it enabled me to leave a bad marriage. It put food on the table and a roof over our heads after we left. Had I stayed at the hospital where I was working prior, I'm not sure that I would have been able to raise those boys on my own. I don't even know if I would have left by now. So I am grateful to the men who own this practice who gave me the opportunity to learn, share ideas, make changes and be successful and at the same time, gave me the means to change my children's lives for the better.

This is a good day.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you! We get to be kids this weekend too...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6Years?! Wow! Congrats!
    Have a fantastic weekend doing whatever you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys all had a good time playing together and there was hardly any arguing at all. Yikes! Maybe our kids are growing up?

    ReplyDelete