Monday, February 23, 2009

El Magooey

So we got home yesterday afternoon from my Birthday weekend away. I'm 32 now which is just a number. Granted I wish I was still 22, but I'm not stressing about it. Life is so much better at 32 than it was at 22. So I can't complain.

I took Friday off and hung with the boys and did a little shopping. I went to Ponca to find this pair of Pumas that I saw at Chapman's a few weeks ago and didn't buy because I was looking for running shoes that day. I should have bought them because they were gone Friday. So instead I hit Maurices, JcPenney, Claire's, Bath and Body and Hibbets. Then we stopped and got the boys haircuts at Barney's. I found a few things that I am excited about and that was fun.

After dropping the boys off with Grandma we headed south to OKC for the weekend. Got there around 7:30, checked into our triangle shaped room at the Marriott on the NW Expressway in OKC and then headed off to find somewhere to eat. Driving in the city with my husband is like National Lampoon's European Vacation. Every store or restaurant you pass, he reads the name out loud.

"Look, there's Red Lobster, Joe's Crabshack, Olive Garden, Buffalo Wild Wings..." it goes on and on.

Pretty soon the only thing I can think of is, "Look, there's Big Ben!"

So we settled on Macaroni Grill which was awesome. They are one of the few places that serves Peroni (Italian beer) and I really like it. So it was a good meal with a great beer. Then we tucked in for the night.

We got around early Saturday morning and headed off to the Stockyards where we did some shopping. That area of OKC has a lot of neat little shops and I enjoyed it. My hubby bought me a pair of jeans, shirt and a necklace. Then of all places, in some boot shop I found the prettiest sheer shawl. It's hard to describe but it's sheer like a curtain sheer and fades from green to blue. Very wispy and pretty and I am wearing an all black outfit of black flowy gauchos and a black top under it today. My husband thought it was the oddest thing when I bought it and just couldn't see the whole outfit in his mind like I could. But then again he'd probably think I was a dork if he saw me in it now. Kind of reminds me of the type of wispy things that Stevie Nicks wore back in the day.

Anyhoo... met up with Andy's sister Jena for lunch and then headed off to Sheplers and then on to Mathis Brother's Furniture to look at a recliner for me and to see if they had the matching pieces to our armoire. Then we ran to the mall because of all the things I forgot to pack panties. I forgot panties and a toothbrush! How do you forget those? I did.

Saturday evening we went to the Looney Bin and had a great time. We got up early yesterday and headed off to breakfast and Bass Pro. We stopped by the OKC National Memorial for a few minutes. We didn't really have the time to go inside the museum but to be honest, I don't think Andy would have wanted to do that had we had more time. It was very powerful and emotional. It's so visual to see the little chairs and know that those represent children. So sad and so unnecessary.

And then we headed home. We both missed the boys and it was so good to see them. Then we went to the Nature Center for an afternoon family walk. And because it was my Birthday, my husband couldn't say no. That was nice.

So today it's back to the grind. And after a night of little sleep, I'm tuckered out. But we are having dinner tonight with my family for my Birthday. El Maguey. My husband pronounces it El Ma-goo-ey. Can't help but smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment