Monday, February 23, 2009

Beads

So I decided today that I am going to start making beaded jewelery. And I have no idea how to do that.

I am on a jewelry kick and have decided that I could surely make my own jewelry and save tons of money and have so many more pieces than I would otherwise have if I could just make my own. So I bought a bunch of different kinds of beads today that I found on clearance. And I bought some different kinds of stringing materials. I have a vintage necklace that I love that needs to be restrung so I think I'll start by re-stringing that and then start on some necklaces, bracelets or earrings.

I bought a little book that tells how to do some things and figure that I can research the rest online. There's an answer to everything online right?

I can already tell that this will be one of those projects that is going to posess me for a while. Why didn't I think of this last November? Would have been nice to have a fun project to keep me busy this winter!

Anyway, that's my latest little tangent. I'll let you know how it goes and post pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. Nice idea! I thought about that a couple of weeks ago too. Tried to restring my watch that Denny's mom gave me. It stayed together a few hours, literally. So if you get good at it, give your big sis some pointers. I really probably could do it w/ wire, but tried to do it w/ stretchy cord like it was done the first time. Probably need to just buy a clasp and do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, we must be sister because I had the same thoughts last weekend. Tried to restring my beaded watch band with that clear stretchy cord. Lasted a few hours. Gonna try to redo it w/ wire and just buy a clasp to put on it. Might need to get reading glasses if I take up this hobby. Yikes that stuff is way to small and my lighting evidently isn't that good. I am NOT getting old!

    ReplyDelete