Monday, February 16, 2009

Public Service Announcement

I must interrupt this blog for an important public service announcement.

Apparently there has been some confusion as to the intent and purpose of this blog.

This blog is not meant for the eyes of children or men. Period. Of any age or sexual orientation. If you can't legally drink beer or if you have a penis, you should never ever attempt to read this blog. You wouldn't understand it.

If you are a woman who has been tempted to or has shown this blog to her husband, you should know that you have aided in espionage. Your husband has used you as a pawn. You are now considered a traitor and cannot be trusted to be involved in top secret matters. You have broken the code.

Do men tell us what they talk about with their buddies? Does your husband tell you about the women that he and his buddies talk about when you are not around? Do they tell you what they talk about when they talk about their marriages and their sex and their jobs etc? Men have a code. They don't break the code of silence. They have secrets from us and that's good. If we knew what they thought all the time or what they talked about with the guys, we would be hurt.

We have a code too. When you talk about personal things with the girls, keep it with the girls. The same goes for this blog.

This blog is for women. Written by a woman, read by women about stuff that interests women. I will vent somedays. Some days I will make no sense, other days I will make perfect sense. Some days I am serious. Other days I am not. I can't control who reads this. I've invited only women friends to read this.

I work with men, live with three men and this is truly the one part of my life that is just for me. A way to catch up with women.

I can't keep men from reading this all together though it's unlikely that most would want to. If I invited you to read this, I'm glad you are. But if I wanted your husbands to read this, I would have invited them to read this. If I wanted my husband to read this, I would have posted pictures of naked women with huge boobs holding semi-automatic rifles.

If you can't uphold the code, delete this link from your computer. If the things I write about upset you, don't read my blog. This blog is not about being right, hurting anyone's feelings, or being politically correct.

If you can't relate, don't waste your time reading. But don't judge me because I talk about personal things.

People who blog about how wonderful their life, kids, job, husband and dog are EVERYDAY are lying. They are bloggin bullshit. That's not real. No one is happy everyday. No marriage is good everyday. Some days being married sucks. Some days being a mother sucks. (I can say sucks all I want on here because it's my blob...SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS) Some days marriage and parenthood are cooler than I ever thought they could be. This blog is real. It's personal. And it's mine. This blog is never going to read like those cheesey letters that people write at Christmas about how perfect their family is and how wonderful their year has been. Those are usually pretty much a crock of shit.

This blog is not about bullshitting anyone. It's about life.

And if you hang in there long enough to read another blog of mine, congratulations! That means that you are not logged in to read aboud a fairy tale. You are logged on because you care about what I have to say and you are able to read my writing with a sense of humor and are able to take it with a grain of salt.

And if I scared you off, then you weren't ready to read this blog anyway. If you're still here, then you understand.

2 comments: