Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Loss for Words...?

It's hard to imagine that I might be speechless, but I might be just that. Today's been a busy day trying to tie up so many loose ends so I can have a little getaway this weekend. On top of that my mind is swimming in all the details involved in trying to buy a house (interest rates, loans, escrow, FICO scores, credit worthiness, down payments, inspections blah blah blah blah). I'm one of those people that feels the need to know EVERYTHING that I possibly need to know so that I don't spend a penny more than I have to when I am taking out a loan.

And of course mortgages are so much more complicated than other loans. And so much more long term. So it's a little stressful.

And I need to go get my Jeep from the dealership because I had it serviced today. We have parent-teacher conferences at 4:20 and I have a hair appt. (need a tiny trim) at 5:00. And I have this awful feeling that I am forgetting something important. Bills are paid. Boys are at daycare (no school) so not sure what it is, but I am sure I will remember (once it's too late). But I am off tomorrow so I will have some time to get things packed for us and the boys and get the house tidied up. I hate coming home from a fun weekend only to have that feeling of guilt because your house is a mess. Oh and I need to go to the carwash.

I'm excited about hopefully having time to do some shopping this weekend while we are in the city. It's been quite a while since I treated myself to something nice.

Last night we stayed up later than normal (which is not saying much) and watched Jackass II. I know I know. We talked about that this morning... how people like us should not find a movie like that so flippin' hilarious. But we do. I can't remember laughing so hard in a long time. I think we both needed that. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded how normal we are. And sometimes it's nice to feel young even if it's because we find the same things funny that 17 year old boys do.

Anyway, this is my Friday. And I'm excited about the weekend. May it turn out better than the last!

Ok, so I guess I wasn't speechless after all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a FABULOUS time this weekend!! Are the boys coming with you?

    ReplyDelete