Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goodbye Steak and Diet Dr. Pepper

I'm giving up red meat and soda for Lent. I tried to get my husband to give something up for lent too and he said, "I'm not Catholic!"

OK, well it's not like he wasn't raised in church, but apparently in his church or in his family (not sure which) people didn't give things up for Lent. I kind of like the idea though. Plus it will be good for me.

I suggested that he give up beer for Lent. I even suggested to make it easier, we could drink all the beer in the fridge last night so he wouldn't be tempted. Ok, so maybe that was not such a good idea. We both agreed that if we wanted to make it to work this morning, we should not drink all the beer in the fridge.

So I'm doing this Lent thing alone... well not really. There are billions of other people on earth that will go without for the next 40 days.

Small price to pay considering what He sacrificed for us.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!

    This has nothing to do with Lent...have you heard of that book Skinny Bitch? It seems to be all the rage here and apparently you can't have meat on that diet.

    ReplyDelete