Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He Never Ceases to Amaze Me...

So my husband calls me at work today. To tell me he loves me and finds me irresistible. Actually he really he called because he wanted something. Sometimes I think about what he actually asked me to do and I just can't help but shake my head. Sometimes I think I am one of the guys. Oh and we have sex. So that makes me special

Two winters ago he was trapping bobcats and was having trouble finding suitable bait (usually rabbits) so he called me one day and suggested that if I ran across a dead rabbit on the side of the road that wasn't too awfully squished, would I please get it for him. Seriously! I remember asking him, "OK, so did you really just ask me to pick up roadkill for you? You are seriously asking your girlfriend to do that for you?"

I believe his response was something like, "Well don't you always keep an extra Wal-Mart sack in your glove box for emergencies and stuff? Can't you just put it in the sack and bring it out to the house?"

Needless to say I did not pick up any rabbits that winter.

Today he wanted me to skip the gym at noon and instead run out to the house and get a drive shaft for his 4WD truck and bring it into town because he was going to be out of pocket for the day. I drive a one year old Jeep. And I think drive shafts are kind of long. He said just to throw down something under it. So in a few I'm going to be wrestling with a drive shaft in dress clothes.

I told him if I got fatter today because I skipped my workout it was on his conscience.

I could tell he was very sympathetic. He's a really sensitive guy you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment